O&M Service Agreement Offering
O&M Service Agreement Offering
Sattler Solar joins the growing number of Solar Businesses to offer O&M Services for their Commercial and Residential Customers. The recent Walmart vs. Tesla Energy lawsuit made it apparent to the industry that a need for qualified maintenance exists. Currently, there is a hole in the market that we intend to close.
O&M service agreements are typically paid on an annual basis and include preventive and reactive services aimed to optimize your solar system’s production and the safety of your solar system. In order to understand the value of an O&M contract, it is important to understand the limits of the 10-year workmanship warranty provided by Sattler Solar and the manufacturer-backed product warranties.
Limitations of Workmanship and Manufacturer Product Warranties Workmanship Warranty:
Sattler Solar Inc. prides itself on providing industry-leading quality workmanship. Special care is given to every detail in the installation. Although not common, examples for workmanship issues can be loosening of conduit connectors within the first year of installation, insufficient support of conduit runs, stripping of wires, ground faults, damages to solar modules due to handling, etc. Once such issues have been identified, resolving such is the responsibility of Sattler Solar under the standard workmanship warranty. Other issues can evolve over time that cannot be considered workmanship issues. For example, compression couplings can become loose after several years due to exposure to the sun (temperature-related contraction and expansion), wind and minor earthquakes. Identifying such concerns and manufacturer defects is one integral part of an annual service agreement.
Equipment choices made by Sattler Solar are based on many factors, including availability, the credit rating of the manufacturer, etc. Typically, products with industry leading warranties are chosen. The products have a track record of low quantity manufacturer defects. However, should defects exist, the manufacturer’s labor reimbursement rates typically don’t cover the complete cost of site visits and troubleshooting. An O&M Service Contract will reduce possible costs related to such troubleshooting and replacement actions.
ANNUAL O&M SERVICE CONTRACT DESCRIPTION
The Annual Service Agreement is payable on an annual basis starting the year after the completion on
the install. The following is included in our O&M service agreement:
● monthly review of production records
● defective optimizers, modules or inverters can be proactively identified early, minimizing the
production loss due to downtime of the system or system components
● an annual summary report will be provided to customer comparing production history with
Bi-Annual site visit with the following scope:
● re-tighten compression couplings
● inspect solar modules for internal faults, delamination, exterior blemishes, burn marks etc.
● inspect exposed wires
● inspect for any obvious shifting of modules or conduits
● inspect dc inverter connections and communication boards for signs of arc faulting
● inspect loose or damaged solar breakers
● inspect markings/caution stickers on conduit and electrical boxes
● inspect the condition of racking
● test breaker and disconnect operations
● visual inspection of solar roof penetrations (conduit penetrations and anchor/standoff location)
FREE CONSULTATION CONTACT US: (619)-880-0445