Project Engineer Position
Why Sattler Solar?
Sattler Solar is an electrical and consulting contractor specialized in the solar and energy storage industries based in San Diego, CA. We are a service based electrical contractor catering to mostly San Diego County projects but at times venture out to other southern California project opportunities. We specialize in solar and energy storage, as well as electrical vehicle charging station design and installations for commercial and residential projects. We do however also offer electrical panel upgrades, new house wiring and take small electrical service calls to keep our technicians busy and build a healthy customer base. Sattler Solar’s mission is to deliver exceptional client services, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle while creating a work environment that supports and encourages the grows of the individual team members. Sattler Solar was established 5 years ago and has built a strong reputation since. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to learn, grow, and become part of our highly motivated growing team.
Sattler Solar is seeking Project Engineer with a passion for improving and developing procedures and a curiosity to explore new technologies to help drive and advance our practice. The individual should have a desire to continue to enhance and grow their skills. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Project Engineer will contribute to Sattler Solar’s by taking on the following roles and responsibilities:
- Production estimates and solar system sizing
- Preliminary engineering design of electrical designs for residential and commercial solar, energy storage and EV charger projects
- Data Analysis – review operational data of solar electric installations.
- Responsible for setting up solar monitoring sites (SolarEdge, SMA, Enphase, etc.)
- Responsible for managing RMAs with vendors.
- Troubleshooting Monitoring Sites
- Responsible for creating monthly/annual operational reports
- Engineering support for field and engineering personnel.
- Responsible for customer support
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals.
- Prepare material take offs and order Balance of System components as well as major system components.
- Develop templates and procedures.
- Develop basic Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals.
- Develop training for end users.
- Manage the Requests for Information (RFI) process
- Prepare slide decks for presentation to customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or related discipline.
- EIT preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years of solar and storage related job experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable communicating on video platforms such as Google Meet, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite of programs.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Analytical thinking
- Basic AutoCAD drafting skills.
- Knowledge of the 2017 NEC preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Some basic programming language skills preferred.
- Basic experience in the following software is preferred but not required:
- Energy Toolbase
- 75% home-based office (San Diego based home office preferred but not required)
- 25% domestic travel required. Mostly around Southern California.
Sattler Solar offers:
- 6 paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- 2 personal days
- Accrued paid vacation
- Employer sponsored Group Health Insurance for employees (50%/50%)
- Employer paid Accident Plan
Salary dependent on experience and location: $50,000 to $80,000/year.